Thursday, May 6, 2010

I can't breathe!

For the last week or so I find myself gasping for air. Mostly seems to happen at night when I am going to bed although more and more it's become an all day affair. And then I feel like I am having a panic attack because I am freaking out that I can't breathe. I thought it was maybe eating too much for meals but I have cut back on the food and that didn't seem to help. I tried propping myself up in bed and that doesn't help. Maybe I am overthinking it and it really isn't that bad?? I looked in my trusty What To Expect When You Are Expecting book and sure enough I am at the point where it can get harder to breathe. Until the baby drops (at which point he will then be sitting on my bladder) I probably won't get any relief. It all makes sense I guess considering it is a small space for all of your body organs and a growing baby. Something has to give and this time around it is my lungs. This whole process is such a beautiful miracle! The good news is that I have only 7 weeks of work before I start my maternity leave. Yahoo!

1 comment: