Wednesday, June 23, 2010

What do you possibly do the day before you are scheduled to give birth?

It's simple...you think. Think about where you were 5 years ago. Think about how surreal this all seems that you are about to welcome a child into the world. You have had 40 weeks to plan and prepare(in my case 39) but yet the day before you still don't feel prepared. You look at your husband and say, "this is our last day together without a child." It brings tears to both of your eyes because your life is going to be forever changed in less than 24 hours. It's a weird feeling that everything is planned due to a schedule c-section. We don't get to experience the anticipation of going into labor. We won't be as exhausted as the couple in the birthing room next to us that just went through labor for 19 hours. We show up at the hospital at 5 AM tomorrow and the baby gets delivered around 7 AM. It sounds simple really and a bit rehearsed but that's the way it is when you have a breech baby. I am ready to meet my son. I never thought I would say this but I think I am going to miss being prego. I won't miss the aches, pains, first trimester blah-ness, the 35-36 LB weight gain, the chaffing on my inner thighs, the nasal congestion, the shortness of breath, etc. I will miss all the attention you get being prego. I can't believe how generous people are to prego women. Your discomfort immediatly subsides when someone tells you how beautiful you look or that you are all belly and haven't gained weight in any place but your belly (such a lie!). I will miss my weekly prenatal massages. But most of all I will miss the unbelievable and unexplainable feeling of a human being growing inside my body. It truly is a miracle and I am forever grateful to be able to experience this. And when I feel my little boy kick and push on my belly it makes stop in my tracks and just think about how amazing life really is. Here's to an amazing day tomorrow and to welcoming my son into the world.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful blog, friend. I am thinking of you enjoying the time with your son right now! Can't wait to hear the announcement!

    ReplyDelete