Thursday, July 1, 2010

Welcome to the World Ryder Jacob Brown




I am happy to announce the birth of my baby boy Ryder Jacob Brown. He was born at 7:40 AM on June 24, 2010 via scheduled c-section. Everything went great! I would say the worst part of the c-section was getting the dang IV put into my arm. It hurt like hell! Going into the operating room was a bit scary and I was shaking like crazy but once I was on the table with Trevor sitting next to me I felt at ease. Ryder was fully lodged in the Frank Breech position so it took them a bit longer to get him out. But once he was out there was an immediate beautiful cry. They whisked him away to weigh him and do all the apgar tests. Trevor got to see him get his first bath and then they finally brought him over to me. He was beautiful! After they stitched and stapled me up I went to the recovery room for about 45 minutes and then on to my birthing suite where I stayed for 4 nights/5 days. The nurses and doctors were wonderful! At the end of the first day I was able to get up and walk to the bathroom to brush my teeth. Every day got better and we were so lucky to have so many visitors come to meet Ryder and keep us company. I know the healing process will be long but I must admit I am thankful to have my "hooha" still in tact and no hemorrhoids! Here's to a great new beginning with my beautiful baby boy.

1 comment: