Tuesday, February 23, 2010

This is definitely not what I consider a fun experience.

To all the mom's who rave about the beauty and joy of pregnancy, I curse you. It has thus far been a bit of a miserable experience for me. The first trimester I felt hung over every day and also suffered severe hip pain and sciatic nerve tingling. Oh and let's not forget to mention the extreme tiredness. I would have to go out to my car at lunch time to take a nap in order to function for the rest of the working day. And just when I think all that misery is over in the second trimester it gets even better. Aside from the weight gain, dimples in my butt, chaffing on my inner thighs, random dark hairs on my stomach, and uncontrollable gas, now my damn back has started screaming at me. It's not the typical lower back pain but pain right at my bra line and mostly on my left side. It feels like my back is contracting and about ready to give birth. (Speaking of birth...I thought I had a high threshold for pain and could maybe do natural birth but have since decided that I am a wimp and it wouldn't be physically possible or a mentally sound decision. I am getting the drugs!) I was just told that my problem is simple...I need a new bra. I have been trying to force these suckers into my usual C cup and they are most likely D's so I just need to go make the purchase. I know I should not complain and feel blessed that I get to experience this but I just had no idea it could be so tough. And considering I am only 22 weeks along I am really hoping and praying that my body eventually settles and all this madness ends. Wishful thinking.

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm so sorry that you are going through so much pain and I totally believe you, but your blog has just become my favorite break time activity. You are cracking me up! And I know it's no laughing matter.

    I hope you're doing well. I miss you and I really wish I can see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! So glad you are blogging!

    As far as the pregnancy goes, I found that everything I normally experienced was completely opposite during pregnancy. Normally I have joint and back pain on a daily basis when not preggers...didn't have a day of this during pregnancy. Almost NEVER get a bloody nose...of course when I was pregnant got them everyday. Hang in there! And definitely get a new bra ;)

    ReplyDelete